Welcome to Antistaticbags2u.com
If you want to know what antistatic bags are, what it is used for and where to buy antistatic bags at low prices you have come to the right place. Answers to all your questions abput antistatic bags or static sheilding bags are here.
What are Antistatic bags?
An antistatic bag is a polythene bag for electronic devices sensitive to electrostatic discharge. Static travels the bag and dissipates before it has a chance to damage contents when shipping or storing. These bags are usually plastic and have a distinctive silvery color for metalized Mylar and other similar plastics and pink or black for polyethylene.
How to measure poly Reclosable Anti-Static Bags?
Types of Antistatic bags
Flat Anti-Static Poly Bags
Protect electronic components from static build-up. Constructed from pink anti-static polyethylene film. Keeps products clean and moisture free.
Anti-Static Poly Tubing
Make your own anti-static poly bags. Excellent resistance to static discharge. Static dissipative, non-corrosive pink polyethylene is heat sealable. Seal with Poly Tubing Sealers.
Gripseal/Zipper Antistatic bags
The same properties as the Open Top(Flat) Pink Poly Bag plus the security and convenience of a zipper top. The zipper top closes securely to protect against damage from dust and moisture.
Anti-Static Bubble Pouches
Provides protection against static discharge for circuit boards, switches, controls and other static sensitive electronic components. 3/16" bubble coated with a nylon barrier for excellent cushioning.
Features & Benefits of Anti Static Bags
- Low cost and efficient
- Simple design and construction for easy identifing
- Antistatic agent or material on/in film perfect to keep eletronic boards
- No hazard of static damage - prevents the generation of static electricity
- Perfect for packging, storing and shipping non-sensitive and sensitive electronic components
Types of ESD Bags
There are essentially three types or categories of ESD bags: antistatic bags, dissipative bags and metallized bags. The latter two categories are typically the high-end of ESD bag product offerings and tend to have three combined properties of protection, (1) antistatic, (2) dissipative and (3) shielding.
- Antistatic Bags
- Antistatic bags are typically coated with a topical antistat agent that helps minimize the generation of a static imbalance from triboelectric generation or contact and separation (i.e., definition of antistatic). Some antistatic bags are made with an antistat built into the films layers and tend to be more reliable and cleaner then the topically treated ones. A good bag has antistatic properties on both the inside and outside of the bag�s film construction.
- Dissipative Bags
- Bags with the films surface resistance in the dissipative range are preferred because charge dissipates across the surface at a controlled rate. Most dissipative bags also have the property of being antistatic. These are good general bags to be used in non-critical environments.
- Metallized Shielding Bags
- Metallized shielding bags have either a metal film embedded into the bag film construction or coated onto an existing layer. This metal film acts as an electrical shield against electrical discharges from the outside of the bag. Depending on the energy and duration of the discharge and the thickness of the metal film, an ESD event is typically spread out over the outer surface of the metal film and if fully enclosed, i.e. the bag is sealed, then the charges current from the ESD event is contained to the outside (outer surface) of the metal film, i.e., providing a region of no electrostatic fields within the bag, thereby protecting the contents within. This effect is known as the Faraday Cage Effect and is commonly used in controlling ESD via metallized shielding bags, conductive bags and the conductive tote box with a cover.
Because we mentioned antistatic grip seal bags and antistatic bubble bags we thought these websites to be useful for more information about each of the bags.
Please visit www.resealable-bags.co.uk for grip seal bags.
Please visit www.discountbubblebags.co.uk for bubble bags.